The Union Public Service Commission conducts the National Defense Academy/ Naval ACademy Exam abbreviated as NDA/NA Exam. NDA/NA exam is a Defense entrance exam that is the most sought after examination in the country by young aspirants who want to serve the nation.
The recruitment for NDA exam and NA examination is conducted for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA & Indian Naval Academy Course -INAC. UPSC holds the recruitment of NDA/NA exams twice a year once in April and thereafter in September. The notification for NDA 1 2021 is scheduled to be out by December 30th 2020. Aspirants can know the details regarding NDA Notification on the page link provided.
Aspirants should be of the age group 16.5 years to 19.5 years to appear for the National Defense Academy Examination. The selection process for the exam goes as under-
- Written Examination -The written exam of NDA itself is divided into two parts i.e. (i) Mathematics (ii) General Ability Test (GAT)
Now, the General Ability Test is further subdivided into two parts:
Part A – English Test
Part B – General Awareness or General Knowledge Test
- SSB Interview.
Hence in order to clear this exam in a single attempt candidates should have good command over Mathematics, English and General Knowledge or General Awareness. This article highlights the important preparation strategies required to crack the NDA exam.
Key Points to Remember For NDA Exam Prep
- Keep updated with the latest syllabus and exam pattern – Aspirants should understand the exam pattern and syllabus to devise a preparation plan to crack this exam. The maths syllabus of NDA/NA exam is of 12th standard level. Under the General knowledge, candidates have to study History, Freedom movement, etc, Geography, General Science, Physics, Chemistry and Current Affairs.
- Chalk out a well-planned time table – Candidates should prepare a plan which allocates equal time to each topic of the syllabus. Creating a time-table helps to prepare for the exam in a planned manner. It helps focus on subjects of utmost importance. Planning as per the syllabus helps in better understanding the subject.
- Making notes is always advised – Preparing notes is an essential part of any preparation. It helps to build a sound knowledge on topics of higher relevance. Notes making is also helpful for the last-minute revisions.
- Learn from Mistakes – It is important to keep track of the level of preparation by giving tests. This helps to know the scope of improvement in our preparation. Learn your weak sections and devote a little extra time to upskill them.
- Practising mock tests and previous year question papers – This helps a lot to understand the question pattern and weightage of topics. Aspirants should take numerous mock tests to improve their solving speed and boost their time management abilities.
- Do not lose your calm – giving exams with a stress-free mind always gives good results. Panicking during the exam will only create confusion and will lead to wastage of time and efforts vested during the preparation.
Aspirants preparing for the National Defense Academy/Naval Academy exams should be aware of all the information published on the official website. This helps them to prepare accordingly for the exam without any confusion. Candidates willing to know more on NDA exam can visit the given link.